Spicy Cheese Rolls/Dynamite Sticks recipe: If you’ve been visiting bars and some Mexican restos, you might know this appetizer. I first had it at Mogwai Bar in Cubao Expo, listed as Dynamite Sticks. Jeff and I really liked munching on this so we made this at home.
- lumpia wrapper
- Kraft Eden cheese (cut into thin strips)
- green chilis (siling haba, the one used in cooking sinigang)
- store-bought bottle of chunky salsa
1. After washing the green chilis, remove the seeds by slicing it in half. Make sure to remove all the seeds and white part inside the chili. You only need the skin.
2. Put strips of cheese and green chilis in the lumpia wrapper and wrap them. Seal the edges with water.
3. Deep fry them until golden brown. Serve the chunky salsa on the side.
- Don’t use quickmelt cheese because it oozes out of the wrapper long before the lumpia wrapper is cooked. The only thing left inside is the green chili.
- You can use any brand of salsa, spicy or not. We used Tostitos, available in the grocery. You can also make your own.
- Enjoy this with an ice-cold beer! hehe…