***Updated on July 28, 2009, read more here:
And I thought I won’t be able to join this writing project by Ms. Janette Toral. When I started blogging, I only want to document my travels and food trips, later on, this blog became a smorgasbord of some sorts aka “chopsuey”. Nevertheless, through this blog I have gained blogging friends and people whose blogs I frequently visit because I love their photos, I like reading their travel stories and I enjoy reading their mind-stimulating entries.
Here are my nominees for the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2009:
1. Doc Z of Zorlone – His blog is different from the rest, he’s into creative writing. This poet/doctor will make a simple poem out of a complex situation or a mind-boggling poem out of an ordinary circumstance. He can string words inside the bus or MRT while caught in traffic.
2. Bingkee of I Love/Hate America – Let’s fly to the US. Bingkee is an immigrant in the US and I enjoy her comparison on the American life and the Filipino life. I can pretty much see a clear picture of America’s reality through her blog.
3. Let’s Go Sago! – I was quite surprised that Let’s Go Sago! is included in the list. Not because Sago is not an emerging influential blog, but because it IS already an influential blog for me. I thought that the blog has been around for quite some time considering the number of blog’s followers and commenters, and I’m one of them.
4. Pinoy Cravings – I frequent this site because of its mouth-watering food photos. You will literally crave for what’s featured on the post.
5. Good Times Manila – When I first read an article at this site, I thought it was true! I even told the story to my officemate, hahaha…. Lesson learned, read the site’s disclaimer first before spreading gossips. If you’re looking for some good laughs, read this site but don’t believe anything.
6. Kuya Roy of The Struggling Blogger – When he writes, I read. Even his writer’s block post kept me glued and read his article from start to finish.
7. Jan of Writing to Exhale – His blogging tips are surely worth your while. I first read his article on how to leave a sensible comment on someone else’s blog and not just the usual “Nice post!” and other BS fillers. He truly makes sense, so make room for Jan and his blog in cyberspace, the world needs another sensible writer and not just another spam blogger out there. Oh, he’s an avid Twitter user too, he’s the reason why I check my Twitter account to see what he has to share for the day.
8. Lace of Style and Relax – Lace’s beauty and fashion blog features practical styling for the average Filipina. I enjoy viewing snippets of her outfit, I like how she adds twists on a rather ordinary outfit to have a Lace stylin’.
9. Lizz Buenaventura – I discovered Lizz’s blog recently. Like my blog, her blog features just about anything from fashion, shopping, events, etc… All of them are fun to read posts.
10. Delamar’s Brain Farts – It’s Delamar’s blog, how can it be not influential?
Do you have your own list of emerging influential blogs? Here’s how to join
Sponsors of this project are Absolute Traders, My Brute Cheats, Business Summaries, Fitness Advantage Club, Events and Corporate Video, Events at Work, Dominguez Marketing Communications, Red Mobile, Budget Hotel in Makati, Lucio C. Tan Group of Companies and Blog4Reviews.com.