It’s Make Your Own Havaianas 2010 once again, MYOH event is now on its fifth year. Havaianas fanatics will surely be lining up again at Rockwell Tent on April 22-26, 2010 to get their hands on customized pairs of Havaianas. What should we look forward to this Make Your Own Havaianas 2010:
By offering a number of stylish, new options- from silver Letter Pins and Swarovski-Studded Pins to Jelly, Fluorescent and Glow-In-The-Dark straps and a Philippine-designed Commemorative Sole and Pin, this year’s Make Your Own Havaianas provides more style options than ever before.
Some pins available for MYOH 2010:
I’m pretty sure the patriotic designed-sole will be the first one to get sold out. I’m not sure if I’ll go this year, I think I’m already past my Havaianas addiction, and there’s still a lot more pairs still in their boxes for me to wear. =)
For first-timers, here are some tips to make your Make Your Own Havaianas event enjoyable:
1. Go to Rockwell Tent VERY EARLY. If you can go at 8 am or 9 am, then do so, you won’t believe how crazy lines can get from 10 am onwards. 2 years ago, we fell in line 11 am and got inside the tent past 4pm already!
2. Be prepared before the event. Eat heavy breakfast so you won’t mind staying long in the lines or inside the tent. Have your pen ready because you’ll need it when filling out the info sheet to customize your pair. Ask for the brochure while falling in line so that you can already decide which color combination and MYOH pins to include.
3. Wear comfortable clothes. There’s no air conditioning available inside and outside the tent, just huge fans. And with all the people inside, expect it to be hot and humid. Wear your most comfortable outfit, wear your Havaianas.
4. Bring a companion. Your companion will be really a lot of help for this event, to tell stories to while falling in line, to take your pictures, to help you decide what colors and pins, to fall in line at the cashier while you’re still wandering around the event.
5. Maximize your MYOH experience. This happens only once a year so make plenty of customized Havaianas pairs not just for you but for family and friends. A MYOH pair is a perfect gift for someone so why not grab the opportunity to make unique gifts.
6. Credit cards are accepted.
Enjoy MYOH 2010 and please leave a comment about your experience, I’d love to hear your stories. =)