I am never really successful in dieting, the ones that requires me to starve myself to death. I’m a voracious eater, I love food and I can’t live without eating all those delicious and sinful food. But I still managed not to overeat, and I hope I can go back to running or do more active things like hiking soon. In the meantime, despite of binging on some unhealthy food I still try to eat something healthy for my body.
Here are some 8 superfoods women must eat according to Total Beauty:
- Kiwi – packed with Vitamin C. It also has fiber, vitamins A and E.
- Sweet Potatoes – just the boiled ones, okay? They are high in vitamin A which is good for the skin. Also rich in vitamin C, potassium and calcium. No wonder it’s a favorite among gym enthusiasts for building muscles too.
- Salmon – Fish is high in Omega 3 fatty acids, our hearts will love us back if we eat fish. Aside from that, fish is low in calories but high in protein.
- Dark Chocolate – Yes! Chocolate lovers will rejoice to know this. But make sure it’s 70% cocoa and your dark choco intake should be 100 calories or less in a day.
- Garlic – It has anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. So try to incorporate it in your meal.
- Quinoa (keen-wa) – A grain high in protein and fiber.
- Beans – a good source of protein, and also high in fiber. Helps lower bad cholesterol.
- Broccoli – Packed with vitamin A, C and K. It helps fight cancer too.