Are you done with your Christmas shopping? If not, now is the time to go the rounds of bazaars all over Metro Manila for some great finds. But I recommend going to the 8th World Bazaar Festival held at the World Trade Center from December 5-16, 2008. It is one of the grandest bazaar with over 600 concessionaires. We always frequent this bazaar every year and has became a tradition for the family. It’s like going to Greenhills Tiangge, 168 Mall, Rockwell bazaars at the same time. You just have to keep an eye for unique and affordable items.
Here are some of my loots from the bazaar:
1. Bag Organizer – it’s different from other bag organizers sold in SM. It has a thicker fabric and has an inner lining and a compartment with zip enclosure. Php 200
2. Black/Blue Hobo Bag from Sacco – I love buying bags proudly made by local manufacturers. I own bags from Therapy Bags and Fab Manila and this one’s the latest addition to my collection. A steal for only Php 299.
4. Assorted kiddie underwear – They’re cute and colorful. Sold at 3 pieces for Php 100.
5. Plain White and Brown Shirt – I’m a shirt-and-jeans person so plain colored tops are one of my wardrobe staples. Php 150 each
6. Pink Printed Long Sleeves for my mother – Nice fabric and color. A steal at Php 200.
7. Oversized Patrick Stuffed Toy – This little fellow is a gift for my nephew’s upcoming birthday. Php 900
Another thing that’s great about a bazaar is that you can haggle, haggle, haggle. But not too low that you’ll insult the seller, it also helps that you’ll buy 2 or more items from the same stall so that you can have a bigger discount. Aside from haggling, you’re gonna do a lot of walking so wear your most comfortable shoes. Parking can be quite challenging especially in the evening so better go there early. Aside from the available parking at the back of WTC, you can also park at the huge vacant lots just across WTC for Php 30. Enjoy your shopping!
8th World Bazaar Festival
World Trade Center
Gil Puyat Ave. Ext. corner Macapagal Blvd.