Our green passports (kami yata ang nasa last batch na green pa) expired last July and because we’re set to travel on November, we need to have it renewed (maroon passports yey!). I learned that there’s already a DFA Satellite Office in SM Megamall so I decided to try renewing our passports there.
Passport Renewal/Passport Application at DFA SM Megamall:
- Set an appointment at http://megamall.passport.com.ph/. Fill out the necessary information and select your appointment date and time. An email will be sent to you, download and print in LONG BOND PAPER the passport application form. You will not be admitted inside DFA Megamall without the printed application form.
- Bring all the documentary requirements for new passport applications or for passport renewal. Please refer to the DFA website for the list.
- On your appointment day, go to DFA Megamall 30 minutes before your scheduled time. Present your appointment/application form at the gate.
- The validation officer will check your application form. Once checked, you will be asked to get your queue number. Wait for your turn.
- Once called, go to the corresponding window and give your documents to the personnel. In case the personnel asks for photocopies, there’s also a photocopier inside.
- After processing, you will be directed to the payment section at the side.Passport Fees:
For First time passport applicants:Regular Processing (15 working days): P950.00
Express Processing (7 working days): P1,200.00For Renewal of passport applicants:Regular Processing (15 working days): P950.00
Express Processing (7 working days): P1,200.00
- At the Encoding section, wait for your name to be called for data and photo capture.
- You may opt to avail of passport delivery services c/o LBC so that you won’t have to go back to DFA on the release date. Passport delivery is Php 120.
- Sit back and wait for your passport to be delivered.
Total time for my passport renewal experience at DFA Megamall is 2 hours. Our appointment was 4:30 pm on a weekday. Not bad since there are plenty of chairs so you won’t get tired standing. After that, we had dinner at Yabu.
One thing I noticed though is that LBC just leaves the passports to anyone without asking the stub and the owner’s signature. I had our passports delivered at our office address, I got surprised when I just saw an LBC mail at my desk containing my passport. That means the delivery guy just dropped the passport at my office without looking for me or an authorization letter or even a claim stub. Same thing happened to a friend.
DFA SM Megamall Consular Office
7th Floor Megamall Building C
EDSA corner J. Vargas Avenue
Set an appointment at http://megamall.passport.com.ph/ or call 737-1000