Two or three years ago, mineral makeup was all the hype. And even if I’m not a makeup person, I tried several products from Ellana, Venus & Mars and the pure mineral makeup from Pure Skin Cosmetics.
For a quick mineral makeup 101, mineral makeup is touted as a healthier and more natural alternative than traditional makeup. It uses natural ingredients like mica, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide and eliminates the known irritants for the skin such as fragrance, binders, talc, dyes and other preservatives.
My only complain on using mineral makeup is the hassle of application because it can get quite messy especially if I’m on a rush and I need to apply it using a brush.
But other than that, the benefits of using mineral makeup trumps the minor disadvantage:
- Gives a natural and flawless look.
- Protects your skin from the sun because of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
- Non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic.
- Perfect to use especially for people with oily skin.
- Soothes and calms the skin’s inflammations such as acne.
- A jar of mineral makeup can last a long time.
Given these benefits, are you willing to give mineral makeup a try? What are the brands you tried so far?